There is deep concern that President Kabila may find a way to remain in office after his mandate expires in December 2016.. even though Article 70 of the Constitution says a president may only serve two terms in office and Article 220 says this two-term limit cannot be changed.
Archive | August, 2014
Subscribe to our blog to receive updates.
- [Pragmora in the News] IBT: There are ways to help President Kabila step down and give him a way out from power
- [News Release] DR Congo: Brazen Illegal Detainment of Pro-Democracy Youth Activists
- [Pragmora in the News] Toronto Star: “Dictator’s shadow looms over Congo: DiManno”
- ‘Day of Dead Cities” in the DR Congo
DR Congo: The Threat President Kabila Won’t Go
- RT @OsloFF: I was arrested while leading a workshop on civic engagement @fredbauma90 #RDC #Goma #OsloFF https://t.co/RRU30y35Cv 3 months ago retweeted via OsloFF
- Fred Bauma -- youth pro-democracy leader -- illegally arrested AGAIN during a peaceful demonstration in the DR Cong… https://t.co/z89IsXgl6Q 4 months ago
- Rebecca Kabugho -- a 2017 Women of Courage recipient -- illegally arrested this morning during a peaceful youth dem… https://t.co/6DEbqbSlCZ 4 months ago